A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
We now offer engraving services to families to help commemorate their loved ones. With cemetery markers, benches, or other options.
The Cremation Process
What Happens During Cremation
There are a lot of uncertainties when family's initially inquire about cremation. Some typical questions are "What happens during cremation", "How long does it take", or "How does it work",
Let us explain the cremation process at McKenzie Funeral Services without getting into its entirety.
1) Cremation in the Province of British Columbia cannot take place until 48 hours after the death. If a family requires our services we would transport their love one back to our cooling and refrigeration room (at our Funeral Home) until all cremation paperwork is signed and approved by our Licensed Funeral Director and the legal family member.
2) Our family's professional staff will place the deceased in the cremation casket, that the family has chosen, and move their loved one to the crematorium.
3) Then the cremation casket containing the deceased is placed in the cremation chamber, where the temperature can reach up to 870-980 degrees Celsius.
4) The cremation itself takes three to four hours to complete (without cooling). After the heat and evaporation, what is left are bone fragments in which we call cremated remains.
5) After the cremation itself is completed, there is a cooling down period of approximately 2 hours. Using a magnet, any metal is removed.
6) Furthermore, the cremated remains are processed into a finer size and put into a temporary urn or a urn that is purchased by the family. A scheduled time for internment or pick up is arranged.
We like to inform and educate families so they are aware of the details and to ensure every step is performed responsibly and thoroughly. If you have any questions regarding the cremation process please call us at 604-926-5121 or by email at email@example.com.